Cannabis extracts can be a great way to use cannabis in a safe, easy, and discreet way. With so many options on the market, knowing which type of extract is best for you before purchasing one is essential. Fortunately, Canada offers some of the best cannabis extracts on the planet! This list features five of the most popular and potent cannabis extract products in the Canadian market.
From tinctures to salves and capsules, each extract has unique benefits that can help you get the most out of your experience. So read on and learn about some of the most popular and potent cannabis extracts in Canada.
What is a Cannabis Extract?
A cannabis extract is a concentrated form of cannabis that has been processed or extracted in a variety of different ways. Extracts can be made into oil, wax, shatter, isolate powder, capsules, salves, and tinctures, among other things.
Most of the time, the buds and leaves of the cannabis plant are used to make these products, which are often much stronger than traditional forms of cannabis like flower or edibles. With extracts, you can use cannabis in many different ways using multiple methods and techniques.
Depending on the type and concentration, they can work quickly as medicine or have strong effects when used for fun. Since there are so many extracts on the Canadian market, you should learn as much as possible about them before trying any.
Benefits of Using Cannabis Extracts
Have you ever wanted to experience cannabis’s fast-acting benefits but weren’t sure if traditional methods like smoking or vaping were good for you? Here are some of the benefits of using cannabis extracts:
Fast-Acting Effects: Cannabis extracts are highly concentrated, often containing 90-95% cannabinoids and other compounds from the cannabis plant. This high concentration produces fast-acting effects as the body can absorb more active ingredients quickly.
Studies have shown that extracts can provide therapeutic effects after just a few minutes, compared to traditional cannabis products like flower which may take up to one hour for the onset of effects.
Potency: Extracts offer much higher levels of cannabinoid concentrations than traditional forms of cannabis like flower or edibles. This means users can experience potent medicinal or recreational effects from a lower dose when using extracts.
Furthermore, this also allows producers to create consistent products with reliable potency that can be tested and verified consistently.
Discreet Consumption: Extracts come in various forms, including oils, waxes, capsules and tinctures which can be consumed without having to worry about smell or smoke since they don’t produce any odour upon consumption. This makes them ideal for discreet consumption if desired.
Safety: Extracts are usually made using specialized equipment and processes such as CO2 or ethanol extraction to ensure safety and quality control during production. As such, these products tend to be safer than other forms of cannabis, which rely on unregulated processes for production and potency testing (if any).
Variety: A wide array of extract products are available on the Canadian market today, from tinctures to isolates to topicals and more! This allows users to explore different types of extracts and find one that suits their needs best based on desired effects, delivery method preference etc.
The Different Types of Canadian Cannabis Extracts
Here are some of the most common types of cannabis extracts available in Canada:
- Cannabis oil: This is a concentrated form of cannabis extracted from the plant using solvents such as CO2, butane, or ethanol. Cannabis oil is commonly used for medical purposes as it can be consumed orally, added to food, or applied topically. In 2018, studies on mice showed that CBD can reduce inflammation by stopping the body from releasing compounds that cause inflammation.
- Shatter: Shatter is a type of cannabis extract that is hard and brittle, resembling glass. It is made by using solvents to extract THC and other cannabinoids from the plant. Shatter is typically consumed by vaporizing or dabbing.
- Wax: Wax is a sticky and crumbly cannabis extract similar in texture to honeycomb or ear wax. It is made using solvents to extract THC and other cannabinoids from the plant. Wax is typically consumed by vaporizing or dabbing.
- Budder: Budder is a creamy and smooth cannabis extract similar in texture to butter. It is made using solvents to extract THC and other cannabinoids from the plant. Budder is typically consumed by vaporizing or dabbing.
- Rosin: Rosin is a cannabis extract made without solvents, using heat and pressure to extract THC and other cannabinoids from the plant. It is a popular option for those who prefer solventless extracts. Rosin is typically consumed by vaporizing or dabbing.
- Edibles: Edibles are food products infused with cannabis extracts, such as cannabis oil or butter. They come in various forms, including gummies, chocolates, and baked goods. Edibles can take longer than other forms of cannabis extracts, but their effects can last longer.
- Tinctures: Tinctures are liquid cannabis extracts that are typically consumed orally. They are made by soaking cannabis flowers in alcohol or glycerin and are often flavoured with natural ingredients. Tinctures are a discreet and convenient way to consume cannabis extracts.
GrassLife is the perfect place to find a variety of cannabis extract products. From tinctures to isolates to topicals, our selection will surely offer something for you. All of our extract products are made from all-natural, ethically sourced cannabinoids that provide users with fast-acting effects and potent medicinal or recreational benefits from a lower dose than traditional methods of consumption.
Additionally, our discreet packaging and delivery service make it easy to access cannabis extracts without compromising convenience or privacy. So don’t wait any longer – start enjoying all of the benefits of cannabis extracts today with GrassLife!
Frequently Asked Questions
How are cannabis extracts consumed?
Cannabis extracts can be consumed in various ways, depending on the type and strength of the extract. For example, tinctures are often taken orally, while isolates are ingested or smoked. Topicals are used externally to treat localized pain or inflammation.
Some extracts can be cooked with food to create edibles or infused into beverages for a more subtle experience.
How should I store cannabis extracts?
Cannabis extracts should be stored in a cool, dark place. Avoiding high temperatures and direct sunlight is best, as these can degrade the extract’s potency. Additionally, you should always ensure that your cannabis extracts are kept in an airtight container to protect them from moisture and other contaminants.