Whether you use marijuana regularly or occasionally, knowing how to store it properly is as necessary as knowing your favourite strains or how to consume them. You can find different ways to keep your cannabis purchase at its optimal condition. That means proper storage to maintain the potency of cannabis.
If you like to buy your weed in bulk, you must know how to store them properly. This will save you money and let you have access to safe weed. So, if you want to maintain the freshness of the best weed in Canada, check out this simple guide.
How to Store Weed Properly?
When storing your weed purchase, you need to consider the product you have. Each product has a different storage requirement. So, here are different weed storage methods you can use.
Cannabis flower, bud, or pot is the most common product in any online dispensary. This cannabis product has different strains, like Sativa, Indica, and Hybrid. Customers can find a bud that will suit their preferences.
To keep your favourite strain in its best condition, you must store them correctly. Proper storage will maintain flavour, potency, and shelf-life. Here’s how you can extend your buds’ shelf-life:
- Choose an airtight container, like a mason jar.
- Add humidity packs to maintain the appropriate humidity level.
- Place the jars in a cold and dark place like a cupboard.
Aside from buds, you can find other cannabis-containing products online. Edibles are the second most popular form of cannabis people can purchase. These are products that look like food but contain cannabis extracts.
Edibles come in different forms, potencies, and flavours. There are a variety of ways to store marijuana edibles, however, it mainly depends on the type of edible you’ll be keeping. If you store brownies and cannabutter, wrap them on wax paper and place them in an airtight container.
There is also another option for storing these products. You can wrap them in plastic, place them in a sealable bag, and store them in the freezer. This storage process can last for up to 6 months.
Concentrates are cannabis extracts that are more potent than buds. They are an excellent option for those who want to try dabbing or vaping.
There is a wide range of options for storing cannabis concentrates safely. The ideal approach will, however, depend on the consistency of the concentrate and how long you plan to preserve it. Here are some ways to store your concentrates:
- Silicon containers: If you want short-term storage, use silicone. They allow your concentrates to last for a week. When you choose this method, make sure to select a medical-grade silicone.
- Parchment paper: Another short-term storage to consider is using parchment paper. This method can be great for concentrates like shatter. You wrap the concentrate on the parchment paper and place them in a cool and dark place.
- Freezing: This method of storage can provide a long-term option. You can do this by wrapping concentrates on parchment paper, placing them in a sealed bag, then in an airtight container, and putting them in the freezer.
- Glass jar: The jar size will depend on how much concentrate you have. Glass jars are best for concentrates that you can easily scoop off, such as budder and crumble. After placing concentrates in the jar, store them in a cool, dark place.
Storing your weed product will extend the shelf-life so you can enjoy the effects even after months. Having the chance to store weed and still maintain the potency and freshness means you can now buy in bulk. Bulk orders are much cheaper, and you can get free shipping promos.
Buy Weed at GrassLife
Need weed? GrassLife will provide you with the best weed in Canada. You can get your premium stash of buds with high THC for that soothing or energetic high. It’s the go-to website to find all strains at the most affordable price.
Aside from our premium products and affordable price, we also offer ways to save money, so take advantage of them! You can save from shipping costs when you buy in bulk, get less than $100 per ounce, and gain points with our referral program. There’s definitely a deal that will allow you to buy affordably.
More Products Available
- Weed Strains
- CBD Products
- Vape Accessories
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best smell-proof container?
The best and simplest way to keep your weed smell-proof is an airtight container with a sealable top. You can also use large medicine bottles if you can’t afford airtight jars. These containers can prevent air and moisture from entering the jar and avoid stinking up your space. Online and physical retailers use airtight jars for cannabis bud storage.
Can I use a plastic bag for storage?
You can use plastic but with a few extra precautions. If you store your weed in sealed bags, remove air when sealing to avoid reducing the weed’s shelf-life. You can vacuum-seal them for a long-term storage solution.
However, when you use plastic, be careful when handling your weed. The static charges can pull the trichomes off the buds. Trichomes are rich in terpenes and cannabinoids, so make sure to avoid damaging them.